Cisco – Our Network Equipment
Cisco Systems is one of the world’s largest companies specializing in network technology. Cisco calls itself “a world leader in networking technologies for the Internet”.
In data center where our equipment is located, high-performance Cisco Nexus Series 7000 switches are used.
They have the following advantages:
- The highest switching speed: 550 Gbps per connection, 17.6 Tbps per chassis
- High Ethernet density: 1, 10, 40 and 100 Gbps
- High availability: software update without interrupting system operation
- Optimization for virtualized environment with high security level
- Ideal for combined network deployment at the kernel level
Cisco Nexus Series 7000 platform was developed based on three principles:
- Infrastructure scalability: virtualization, efficient power supply and cooling, high traffic density and high performance – all for the efficient development of data processing center infrastructure.
- Going concern: Cisco Nexus device design combines hardware, NX-OS software functions and management tools to support working environments with zero downtime.
- Transportation flexibility: availability of step-by-step and cost-effective implementation of new network technologies, including the following:
- Cisco Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV)
- Cisco FabricPath
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Cisco Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP)
- Cisco IOS Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)